Monday, December 1, 2008

Week 1 of December 2008 holiday

Still playing around with my Macbook - there's this neat plugin which works seamlessly with iphoto to upload the pictures in my iphoto application to picaso.com. Great for quick uploads to the blogger webpage.


Also been fiddling around with my Macbook - realized that most of the space is constrained to the Windows hard disk partition. That left me with little space to work with in my Macbook (mine has a dual operating partition - can boot with either Windows or Mac OS). To get around that, I created a shortcut to Windows from my Finder. So I just dump all my photos and videos in the Windows partition. That really helped me save a lot in my disk space. 

And I realized that by putting slideshows all over my blog, it made the readers scroll up and down the page. That's quite a strategy to make people wander to the bottom of the page!

The holidays have started and I am enjoying every bit of it. Went for a long swim in the morning to get a bit of tan. It's very relaxing as there's nobody to jostle with me in the pool. Really felt like I owned the whole pool to myself as I swam lap after lap. . .ah. . .bliss

Reflected a bit on what I wanted to do in life. What my values are. What I believed in. I watched a show called "Marie and the three little puppies". A very heartwarming show about how a young girl struggled with the demise of her mum and found an abandoned puppy one day. Story unfolds about how a huge earthquake destroyed the house, trapping the girl and her grandfather inside. Marie, the puppy now grown up, managed to find help but in the end, had to be left behind in the evacuation process. Marie was then left to fend for herself and her three puppies for 16 days before the girl managed to return back to rescue the devastated village. 

What left me really touched was how I found myself chasing after money and luxuries in life. Actually, come to think of it, I am really very blessed. I remembered my pastor telling us once to always be a blessing, always be thankful and always be joyful. That phrase struck me again as I reminsce about the past one year and how I have grown. One thing I felt I really neglected, actually two, is that I didn't keep myself fit and grow in my intellect pursuit. I always loved to study and I always like to be fit. But somehow, over the course of working, I just lost track of these two ideals. One thing I love about teaching is that I never be able to stop learning - there is just always another course/seminar to attend or just another series of modules to finish in the line. 

I found that there are other things I loved to have in life - a closely knitted family and a close company of friends/colleagues/cell group. Actually, one thing I felt I really lost out is that I just have no time for all these. But this year had been good. 

Ending off for now. . .